Gombe Gov’t approves 16.4bn contract for Industrial Park

The Gombe State Government has approved the sum of N16.4 billion for the construction of Phase I of the Muhammadu Buhari Industrial Park in Dadin-Kowa, Yamaltu/Deba LGA of the state.

The state’s Commissioner for Information and Culture, Mr Julius Ishaya Lepez disclosed this while briefing newsmen at the end of the state executive council meeting.

He said the meeting presided over by Governor Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya has approved the contract sum for the phase I, which will consist of administrative blocks, gate house, perimeter fence, access roads, drainages, water supply storage and distribution as well as electricity supply.

Shedding more light, the Commissioner for Trade, Industry and Tourism, Nasiru Mohammed Aliyu said the phase I of the industrial complex is expected to be completed within 32 weeks.

He added that the multi-billion-naira project will bring social and economic benefits to the state, through the influx of high-profile companies as well as provision of projected over 5000 direct and indirect jobs.

Meanwhile, the executive council has also approved the sum of N1.9 billion for the implementation of the phase II of the Gombe Geographic Information System (GOGIS).

The Commissioner for Lands and Survey, Ibrahim Jahun Biri said the implementation of GOGIS phase II project will take the form of a geospatial mapping and data collection that can be used for planning, real time crime tracing and tracking as well as minerals resources detection and possible exploration.

Also, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Ibrahim Dasuki Jalo, said the council approved the sum of N591.5 million as compensation for victims of unrest in Billiri LGA of the state.

He said the Billiri LGA would pay 80 percent of the approved sum which translates into N473.2 million, while the state government will contribute for the remaining 20 percent, which is N118 million.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

22,045FansLike
3,580FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles